An eclectic and free-thinking human being, I have penchant for the mystical, tempered by a fine-tuned ability to determine if something is true or false. My own journey has taken me through psychological integration, traditional spiritual awakening, and into freedom from external systems and most internal patterns of behavior and identity. I like working with adults of all ages, races, national origins and backgrounds, and work with the traditional roles of ‘therapist’ and ‘spiritual awakening teacher.’
I have studied human development for over 50 years. You can review an entire album of credentials and academic degrees in my office, and I’ll be happy to answer any professional questions you have. I have been in the healing professions for 30 years: first as a Licensed Massage Therapist, then Energy Healer, Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Yoga Teacher, and Spiritual Awakening Teacher. I’ve worked with everyone from wealthy heirs of family fortunes, to successful business people wanting to find meaning in their lives, to famous artists and writers, to skilled tradesman, and people on welfare because their job was shipped overseas. My clients are aged 21 to 88!
I work with people who have grown beyond traditional therapeutic modalities, and want comprehensive answers to life’s most pressing questions such as: “Why am I here?” and “What gives meaning to my life?” and “Am I really a loving person at the Core of me?” Since each person is a unique individual, your path is also unique. I help you to uncover the truth about who you are.
I have previously worked with a well-known local organization, The Penn Foundation, where I was first an Outpatient Therapist in the Recovery Center (addictions), then Mental Health Counselor in the Mental Health Division, concurrent with my roles as Director-The Trauma Treatment Project, and finally Director of Training and Education. I’ve had 22 years of experience as a counseling psychologist and 21 years as a guide to spiritual awakening.
At this stage I’m much more a skilled mirror for you, than a traditional therapist or teacher: every aspect of your life can be discussed and changes made in any area. My approach is transformative, energetic and highly interactive. I use: dialog, homework, and feedback between sessions to help you to effectively address personal life challenges and facilitate change. With compassion and wisdom, I work with you to help: build on your strengths, address your challenges, and attain the personal growth YOU want.
I also offer basic, spiritual/Divine healing resources from the Vortex Healing coursework that I’m taking. If interested, you can ask about having these specific healing energies added to your regular therapy or spiritual mentoring sessions with me. For more information about this healing/awakening lineage go to VortexHealing.org as to the Source and origins of this work.
I hold the following degrees and certificates which are available in my office for your review:
- Master of Arts Degree with a Concentration in Counseling Psychology from Vermont College,
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania, License #005696.
- 90-hour Certificate in Traumatic Studies (from Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s Trauma Treatment Center in Brookline, MA),
- Registered Suicide Prevention Trainer Certificate with LivingWorks (authors of Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training or ASIST),
- Level I Certificate in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, studies with Dr. Bruce Perry (a one-year certification program in Trauma Treatment)
- Certified Yoga Teacher (ERYT-500 hours) and former member of the Yoga Alliance,
- Formerly: Mentor and Therapist in the Waking Down spiritual community
- Certified Psychic and Energetic Healer,
- Licensed Massage Therapist in New York State (retired)
- B.A. in English and Bible, and
- International Baccalaureate from high school at the United World College of the Atlantic, South Wales, UK.
- Recently spiritual training has included retreats with Adyashanti; currently I’m working with VortexHealing.org and Metatronic-life.com, schools of spiritual healing and awakening.
My first book is a memoir called An Ordinary Being. I’ve completed my second book called Simply Awake and followed that with a booklet called Taming the Three-Ring Circus of Your Mind. All are available on Amazon, Kindle and as PDFs (by minimum donation) on my “Shop” page. I’m at work on a fourth book now.
In addition, I write blogposts on this website, and you can find chapters I’ve contributed to other books. One is called The Second Birth. The second is called Dancing in the Fire. Both are about early experiences of enlightenment or spiritual awakening.