I have studied human development in its many dimensions for nearly 50 years. I have an entire album of credentials and academic degrees that you may review in my consulting office in Holicong (Buckingham Township), and I’ll be happy to answer any professional questions you have. I have been in the human service fields for over 28 years. I have worked with everyone from wealthy heirs of family fortunes, to successful business people wanting to find meaning in their lives, to famous artists and writers, to people on welfare because their job was shipped overseas.
I work with people who may have grown beyond traditional therapeutic modalities, and want comprehensive answers to life’s most pressing questions such as: “Why am I here?” and “What gives meaning to my life?” I do this kind of work by offering assistance to people who want to become spiritually awake, and come into a conditional of fundamental well-being. Since each person is a unique individual, your path is also unique. I think of myself as a spiritual artisan, helping you to uncover the truth about who You are.
I have previously worked with a well-known local organization, The Penn Foundation, where I was first an Outpatient Therapist in the Recovery Center (addictions), then Director-The Trauma Treatment Project, and finally Director of Training and Education. I bring you 19 years of experience as a counseling psychologist.
I currently work with a broad spectrum of clients. I am especially committed to work with international clients in the U.S. Recent international clients have included people from the Congo, American Samoa, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, Thailand, China, Canada and France.
My spiritual “credentials” come through many sources, and I’ll be glad to share those in a one-on-one conversation with you. I’ve been teaching meditation and working to help people understand their nature as Awareness for 18 years.
My approach is highly interactive and uses dialog, homework, and feedback between sessions to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, I work with you to help: build on your strengths, address your challenges, and attain the personal growth YOU want.
I hold the following degrees and certificates which are available in my consulting office for your review:
- Master of Arts Degree with a Concentration in Counseling Psychology from Vermont College,
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania, License #005696.
- 90-hour Certificate in Traumatic Studies (from Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s Trauma Treatment Center in Brookline, MA),
- Registered Trainer Certificate with LivingWorks (authors of Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training or ASIST),
- Level I Certificate in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, studies with Dr. Bruce Perry
- Certified Yoga Teacher (ERYT-500 hours) and former member of the Yoga Alliance,
- Formerly: Mentor and Therapist in the Waking Down spiritual community
- Certified Psychic and Energetic Healer,
- Licensed Massage Therapist in New York State (retired)
- B.A. in English and Bible, and
- International Baccalaureate from high school at the United World College of the Atlantic, South Wales, UK.
- Recently spiritual training has included retreats with Adyashanti and several months with a teacher who prefers to remain anonymous.
My first book is a memoir called An Ordinary Being, and is available on Amazon.com in Kindle and paperback versions. I recommend that counseling clients wait to read this book until after their therapy is over. For clients interested in spiritual awakening, mentoring, and coaching, you can find it on Amazon. I’ve recently completed my second book called Simply Awake. I am currently completing my third book, called Taming the Three-Ring Circus of Your Mind.
In addition, I write blogposts on this website, and you can find chapters I’ve contributed to other books. One is called The Second Birth. The second is called Dancing in the Fire. Both are about early experiences of enlightenment or spiritual awakening.