Frequently Asked Questions
What are the specialties of your practice?
People who want to awaken to their total potential as both finite and infinite. This includes people already at a high level of spiritual integration or awakening, who are having a difficult time integrating the spiritual and the material ‘worlds.’ For those not experienced in spirituality, this would mean a total integration of Consciousness, ego and the body, and living authentically within that integration.
(2) I also work with painful experiences (sometimes called trauma), anxiety and depression.
I specialize in the treatment of anxiety disorders and have helped many people live calmer, more present and focused lives. I’ve worked with people suffering from PTSD and longer-term chronic developmental trauma, so I’m able to deal with the accompanying anxiety and depression quite thoroughly.
What other services do you provide?
Letters, reports and invoices that need to be written are charged for by the quarter-hour at the rate of $100/hour. I will no longer do these after May 1, 2021.
Please note: I no longer do drug and/or alcohol evaluations, nor do I work with clients who are involved in the criminal court system or on probation. I no longer keep detailed notes for use in filing long term Social Security Disability claims either; if you know that’s what you need, please find a more traditional therapist.
What benefits can I expect from working with you?
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, and your core values
- Determining what your current goals are
- Developing your own idea of what’s meaningful to you; discovering your spiritual resources
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek assistance
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, shame, and other emotions
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new goals and ways to solve those problems in your business, family or marriage that keep you from attaining those goals.
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
- Finding balance between money and meaning.
- Reclaiming the role of community and viable culture in your life.
- Shattering the ‘glass ceiling’ of Enlightenment by becoming Simply Awake.
Do I really need help? I can usually handle creating and reaching my goals and solving my problems.
Why do people hire you and how do I know if your work is right for me?
Does what we talk about remain confidential?
What is your schedule of fees?
I am in-network with Aetna (and their affiliates Meritain and Trustmark) and United Healthcare (also All Savers, Optum and United Behavioral Health) and accept their clients for one-hour sessions. I am an “out-of-network” provider for all other insurance plans, and you will be subject to my sliding scale for your rates. You pay your standard insurance-mandated copay by cash, check, PayPal or credit card at the time of the session.
What payment methods do you accept?
No Saturday or Sunday hours are available.
How do I find your office?
When you see Buckingham Green Center, drive straight back from the traffic light past Silverman Gallery (on your right) and the row of stores. You will find a standalone building, Buckingham Green Two, at the back of the parking lot. There is a semi-private entrance at the right, back corner of the building (as you face the building). Once in the door, my office is the first one on the right, Office D. There are 10 parking spaces right by the door and more within easy walking distances (100 feet or so)!
No Obligation Introductory Consultation
An initial consultation is available, without obligation; the introductory consult is billed at the usual rates, as above. After our meeting, we will decide if we’re a good fit and should continue working together. To book this in, contact me here.